Hair transplantation, the surgical transfer of hair follicles from one part of the body to another, has emerged as a popular option for patients suffering from hair loss or baldness. The majority of people who have hair transplants live in the United States. By 2027, experts predict, the number of hair transplants performed in the United States will have increased dramatically due to the rising prevalence of hair loss among both men and women, and the same trend could be witnessed in other countries as well.
However, hair transplantation may be a complicated surgery, so it’s advisable to do some research or see an expert before getting started. We’ve answered a frequently asked question regarding washing hair after restoration to assist you out.
After hair replacement, proper hair cleaning procedure must be followed. Just a few of these methods are,
- Lotion should be applied to the transplanted region and left on for 15-30 minutes. The donor and transplanted tissue can be soothed by the lotion, and any remaining signs of blood can be washed away for a quicker recovery. Warm water should be used to cleanse the scalp after 15-30 minutes. Hair from both the donor and the recipient areas is cleansed with a medicated shampoo. Apply some shampoo to your scalp and work it into a lather.
- Use a towel to dry your hair after you’ve washed it. Take care not to rub. When your scalp feels dry, you should use a moisturizer. If the dryness persists in between washes, you can also apply a moisturizer.
- After 14 days, you can resume your regular hair care routine. You can wash your hair more than once every day if you need to.
- Please check the ingredients of any hair product you want to buy to be sure it doesn’t have silicone, perfume, or artificial colours.
For the first several weeks following repair, using baby shampoo is suggested. Baby shampoo is mild and effective in preventing irritation in the delicate transplant region. Baby shampoo and water may be mixed in a cup and used to clean it. Natural hair products that are helpful for hair following restoration include, but are not limited to, baby shampoo;
- Peppermint Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Argan Oil
- Tea tree Oil
Here are some things to think about before you wash your hair.
- Apply a little mist of panthenol on the implanted grafts and wait 40 minutes before shampooing your hair.
- Grafts should not be subjected to strong water pressure, hence warm water should be used instead of hot water.
- For 15 minutes, pour some shampoo into the graft recipient are and gently froth it by stroking the grafts vertically with your hands.
- Gently stroking the recipient area can help remove any residues of tissue or blood and reduce the risk of infection.
- When drying your hair after a wash, go for a heated towel rather than a regular one to avoid tugging at your grafts.
- If the patient is going to wash their hair during the first five days after the treatment, just the donor region should be treated with Fucicort cream.
The healing process for a hair transplant takes at least two days. It’s OK to wash up thoroughly before surgery. The patient can begin shampooing their hair three days following the transplant. For the first five days, you should take it easy. Scrubbing too vigorously might loosen a graft. Some shower heads have quite strong pressure, so it’s best to avoid putting your head directly beneath the water stream.
The patient should also be very careful when bathing themselves. The best way to shampoo your hair is to squeeze a small amount into your palm, work it into a rich lather between your fingers, and then gently rub it. After seven days, if the scabs have not fallen off, apply conditioner to the affected area and massage in a circular manner.
Patients should wait 10 days following surgery before receiving their first scalp massage. Even so, gentle pressure is required. The scalp needs at least 10 days to recover from surgery, which is why waiting is necessary. There’s a good possibility the transplanted hair follicles will be destroyed if you don’t wait the recommended 10 days.
After 7-10 days, the dried blood should have completely disappeared. After 14 days, you can return to your regular hair care routine, including washing your hair. If necessary, one can wash their hair more than once daily. Discuss your options with the hair restoration specialists in your area for further details.
Multiple methods exist for restoring hair. Cleaning your hair after a hair transplant is essential. The outcome of a hair transplant, however, is directly related to the aftercare the patient provides for their hair. For advice on what to do after your hair transplant treatment, contact our team at Hair Transplant Centre Malaysia (Klinik Dr Inder).